Do you ever wish you could start all over and take better care of your skin? A chemical peel could give you that chance. Peels can dramatically reduce lines, wrinkles, acne scars, dark spots, and roughness caused by years of sun. “Everyday sun exposure affects skin quality. So almost anyone can benefit from a chemical peel, as they improve skin’s color and texture. The stronger the solution, the deeper the skin de-surfacing, and the more improvement we attain,” says David Green, MD, a dermatologist based in Bethesda, Md. A chemical peel is an acid solution applied to the face to remove the outermost layer or layers of skin. The skin crusts, scales, and peels over several days. The new skin that grows in its place is softer, smoother, and has fewer imperfections.
There are 4 types of Dermafix chemical peels
Is a mini peel that can be used in the salon and at home with the correct home care.
2: Beta + lactic acid/ gel peel
Beta + gel peel is an effective professional exfoliator for photo-aging, oily, acne, melasma, dry, and aging skin type, and may be used progressively for more intensive protocols. Includes Salicylic Acid, which is known for its beneficial anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. Target: Most skin types, photo-aged, oily, acne, melasma, dry, and aging skin. Benefits: indices exfoliation and seeds up the cell cycle with universal use.
3:Dermafix Derma Peel
Skin Concern: Photo-aged, hyperpigmented, scars and solar keratosis Target: Skin Rejuvenation
4: Dermafix Progressive ¾ Professional Peel
Dermafix Progressive Peel is a safe 3 or 4-stage customizable medium depth chemical peel containing a combination of natural moisturisers, keratolytic and alpha-hydroxy acids (fruit acids) that exfoliate the epidermis, stimulate new cell regeneration, increase collagen formation, and stimulate the blood flow thus improving the complexion of the skin. Target: Lentigens, Melasma, Actinic Keratosis, Acne, Fine lines.
● Do not peel pregnant or breastfeeding women
● Darker skins, no aggressive peeling procedure
● Over 60’s need special care due to healing rate
● Herpes-client must be on oral medication, 1 week before is preferable.
● Allergy to Aspirin due to Salicylic Acid (Beta Hydroxy and Derma Peel)
● Diabetic, Porphyria, slow healers, recent depilatory usage, IPL’s and other ablative procedures.
● Unfamiliar medication- a doctor’s permission is required
● Retin-A use – special care needs to be exercised. Avoid usage 2 weeks pre-peel.
● Roaccutane/ Accutane use- wait at least six months
● Known allergies to any of the peeling ingredients- Patch Test!
Book your treatment online
We’ve made it a little easier to book with your preferred therapist and to pick a time and date that is convenient for you.